TRC Services

Captura de Tela 2021-12-15 às 11.16.07
Ensure that your products comply with the regulations of the markets where you operate

CE Marking

By affixing the CE marking on the products, the manufacturer, representative, or importer indicate that these products comply with the provisions of the Community Directives applicable to them, allowing them access to the European Economic Area (EEA) market.

Is my product covered by CE marking?
Which directives and standards apply to your product?
How to obtain CE marking for my product?
Do I need an authorised representative?
These are some of the questions we answer.

TRC can support you throughout your product’s compliance assessment procedure, adapting it to your real needs. The compliance management of your products can be carried out easily and seamlessly via our TRC Product application.

UKCA marking

The UKCA (UK Conformity Assessed) marking replaces the CE marking as a requirement for product compliance in the United Kingdom (England, Scotland and Wales). Similarly to the European Union’s CE marking, by affixing the UKCA marking on products, the manufacturer, representative, or importer indicate that these products comply with the regulatory provisions in force in the United Kingdom.

The UKCA marking is applicable from 01.01.2021 and will become mandatory for all products (and after the extension communicated by the UK government) on 01.01.2023.

If you wish to place your products on the UK market, we can support you in the process of assessing your product’s conformity with the applicable UKCA marking requirements.

If you have any questions about the UKCA marking, please contact our team.


In addition to the requirements that may result from other specific regulations if you place products in the European Union, it is essential to ensure their compliance with the REACH Regulation.

To comply with this regulation, as an operator placing products in the EU, you must ensure that:

◆ If your products contain any substances from ECHA’s candidate list in concentrations above 0.1% (w/w)), you must provide the recipient of the article or consumer with safe use information.

◆ You obtain ECHA authorisation if your manufacture or import of substances for use in the EU contains any SVHCs featured on the ECHA’s Authorisation List.

◆ Your products should not exceed any limits or comply with restrictions set by REACH for the category of products you place on the market.

TRC can assess how it can help you to ensure the compliance of your products. If you have any questions you can contact our team.



An authorised representative (AR) verifies your product’s compliance with CE marking regulations, registers as your official EU point of contact and cooperates with authorities regarding product compliance.

As your AR, you can legally use our address to carry out your obligations.

Who needs an authorised representative?

Non-European companies that want to sell their products in the European Union (EU).

What kind of products are covered?

Products that require CE marking, such as: electronics, toys, machinery or construction products, require an authorised representative.


Extended producer responsibility (EPR) establishes that the economic operator placing the product on the market is responsible for the environmental impacts resulting from the production process, the subsequent use of its products, the generation of waste and its management at the end of its life.

The producer (responsibility for placing on the market) takes responsibility for financing the collection, recycling and final disposal of packaging, WEEE, Batteries and other categories of products covered by RAP.

The main obligations on a producer’s EPR are established by the following European Directives:

◆ Packaging
◆ Batteries and Accumulators

In Portugal these obligations are set out in Decree-Law No. 152-D/2017.

Other countries, such as France, have other categories of products subject to the RAP regime. The identification/information that must appear on the packaging placed in Italy has specific and complementary requirements to those usually established in other EU markets.

Focus on your business and we will help you comply with your obligations under the EPR in the different European countries.


The General Product Safety Directive applies to the compliance assessment of products that are not covered by more specific European regulations (e.g. household products, bicycles, candles, etc.).

It is the responsibility of the companies to ensure:

◆ the safety of the products placed on the market;
informing consumers of any risks associated with the products they place on the market;
that any dangerous products placed on the market can be traced so that they can be removed to avoid risks to consumers.

Ensure the products compliance you place on the market. If you have any questions about the compliance of your products regarding the General Product Safety Directive, please contact our team.